Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Touch Down

WOW!!! What a unbelievable experience....
Left Newark on time, Arrived in LA ahead of time. met some interesting people to talk to along the way.
My 13 hours trip via air NZ ended up being 12 hours thanks to a pilot who flew his plane , like I drive a car.
The flight attendants were dressed in purple and black with the cutest little hats.
Very professional looking. Something like our flight attendants USED to look. The extra money for premium was well worth it but I'm  happy I didn't pay the extra for the bed seat...it was thin and confined. The space seat was fabulous. I got my little welcome purse with all sorts of goodies, plus a pillow and blanket and bottled water. Everything was free...movies and the most wonderful dinner and breakfast.
The space seat was super comfy and I managed to get a few hours sleep.
NZ so far is beautiful. Haven't seen too much. We needed to shop for food I like LOL I'm easy but I'm being spoiled rotten. Ilka made me a little welcome basket with sweets and a beautiful paper heart. She had fresh flowers in my bedroom and in my bathroom.
I took some pics today and will take more tomorrow. Needless to say I'm a bit tired.
I stayed up most of the day, part of which I was worried about Rich. I called when my plane touched down and got voice mail, same thing a few hours later. Finally got him to be told he had lost his cell phone. I can't even begin to tell you all that went through my mind. He is alone on that mountain. he found his phone and thank goodness Robyn had the number here so we were able to finally talk Whew!!
Nothing like a little drama to start my day.
I took a nap and woke up on time for dinner..LOL Had sushi and Udon noodles. Now I'm ready for bed again.
I will have plenty to say tomorrow, but for now while most of you are just waking up, I am on my way to  a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sure glad you made it to NZ and are already having a good time and being spoiled! LOL
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete