Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct 12- Festival Day and still stormy

Thank Goodness the Art show as well as the festival  were mostly in-doors. The art show was beautiful. A lot of very talented New Zealander's, that's for sure. I've come to the conclusion that I like sculpture rather then paintings although some were outstanding, like theses:



Not your taste? Perhaps, but beautiful just the same. I loved the sculptures:
 This one took my vote

 That Mosaic was called Holy Cow

This was was intriguing. It wasn't what everyone thought it was. A spider? Not at all.
Rainer voted for this one. There were hundreds of items. Camera's were not allowed ...Oop's
Then it was off to the Dwali Festival. I was very thankful that I had seen my DGD dance. I know what goes into these competitions so it made it all the more interesting. This kids were fantastic:
The competition was Bolliwood. Of course the younger ones melted my heart as always. I took a brief video before my battery died :-(
I also got a tattoo:

Okay family, breathe in, breathe out...It's a Henna Tattoo and this is what it looks like this morning.
Once the mud dries you take it off and that's whats left...Better?
Lots of  Indian food and a good day in spite of the horrible rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment